The Raaft Commitment
As we strive to become a global market leader, we recognise our responsibility to provide roof terrace and podium systems that support these goals and to contribute towards a better environment for the future of our communities.
All Raaft products are developed and manufactured with the environment at their heart, using materials chosen for their
- durability – to reduce the frequency of replacement due to damage or wear and tear
- renewability – to decrease the use of finite natural resources
- proximity – to reduce carbon footprint before, during and after manufacture
- recyclability – to ensure a high percentage can be reprocessed at the end of the products’ lifespan
We are committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions across all our commercial operations.
We are also currently working on achieving ISO14001 certification (set to be complete in 2022) to ensure our environmental management systems are in effect.
Learn how you can reduce carbon footprint and ensure long-term sustainability with Raaft's flexible roof terrace system.BOOK CPD
At Raaft, we are Planet Positive certified.
We are measuring our impact on the planet and making efforts to reduce our carbon footprint.
Read more about what our Planet Positive certification means.
5 ways we are making efforts to reduce our carbon footprint
- We are currently testing a new, more sustainable material for our planter systems.
- We use waste from our products such as timber scraps, to create ‘bug hotels’ in our terrace planters. We hope to re-introduce biodiversity on terraces in cities through doing this.
- We are reducing plastic on our packaging by swapping plastic tape with paper tape.
- We are looking into sourcing materials from local suppliers to reduce our carbon emissions.
- We use recycled plastic lumber for our bench seating.
Porcelain – a naturally environmentally friendly product
Raafts Porcelain tiles perfectly demonstrate our commitment to environmental sustainability and low carbon footprint.
- made from natural, plentiful ingredients sourced near to the point of manufacture
- a highly durable material that outlasts many of its alternatives and therefore contributes to reduced waste due to product lifespan replacement
- a low-maintenance product that requires no harmful chemical treatment to clean or preserve it
Our porcelain manufacturer:
- reprocesses 100% of the unbaked waste clay generated during manufacturing
- reuses process water from other factories and recovers 100% of its own wastewater
- recovers 24,000 MWh of energy annually through cogeneration
- generates additional energy through its own photovoltaic plant